Nathan Salah, part of the team behind new Bracknell Junior Football Club Priestwood Vale has provided his five pieces of advice to anyone looking at setting up a new club for the 2017/18 season.
They range from financial understanding to club philosophy. Here’s what he had to say:
- Research everything. Work out rough costs for everything you think you may need to start up
- What do you want your club to be? Are you a one team club or do you want to create a multi team monster?
- You will need a thick skin. Be prepared to be ignored and told no you can’t when asking for things
- Think big but be realistic in what you can achieve. Can you run more than one club at first? Will you need a season to bed one team before expanding?
- Who is your inspiration? Find a professional team or another amateur side you can identify with and use as a guide. Get in touch with them, you have nothing to lose
We spoke to Nathan in a lengthy interview which we cut in to two parts. You can read part one here and part two here. You can see all our content around New Club Week here. If you’d like to share your experiences please email email@example.com.