One game looms larger over this midweek fixture list as the result from Wantage Town vs Brackley Town Saints could decide the home of the Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division title for the next twelve months.
The two sides clash at Alfredian Park with a win for the Freds ensuring they hold the step 5 title for the second time since 2013/14 – which would mean a hat trick of Hellenic Premier titles for the club in the noughties.
However there’s a whole 90 minutes before any of that and a win for Brackley would hand the initiative to the third placed Northamptonshire side and second placed Brimscombe & Thrupp.
Here’s how things stand right now in the top four:
- Wantage Town – Pld 34 – GD 38 – Pts 69
- Brimscombe & Thrupp – Pld 35 – GD 23 – Pts 68
- Brackley Town Saints – Pld 34 – GD 20 – Pts 66
- Bishop’s Cleeve – Pld 34 – GD 29 – Pts 65
Brackley would be second on goal difference with a win at Wantage and both would be overtaken on Sunday if Brimscombe win at home to bottom side Abingdon United.
Even if Wantage lose tonight, they can still win the league with a final day three points at Windsor on 22nd April – never an easy place to go!
Here’s the remaining fixtures that should decide the title:
- 16/04 Wantage Town vs Brackley Town Saints
- 20/04 Ardley United vs Bishops Cleeve
- 21/04 Brimscombe & Thrupp vs Abingdon United
- 22/04 Bishops Cleeve vs Shrivenham
- 22/04 Brackley Town Saints vs Lydney Town
- 22/04 Windsor vs Wantage Town
Last season Thatcham Town won the Division by the smallest of margins having a superior goal difference of just two goals than second placed Bracknell Town who both finished on 98 points.
Its AWARDS season! We need your votes to bring home the best non league blog trophy from the Football Blogging Awards - find out how to vote here. Also, we need your nominations for our own Bracknell Football Awards - who deserves to be recognised this season? Send nominations here.