Bracknell Town won 9-0 last night.
Let that sink in a moment.
For all the last few season’s of improvemen under Steve Nebbett and Danny Oliphant, Ed Carpenter, Keith Pennicott-Bowen and now Mark Tallentire, that scoreline is a reward for long suffering supporters who are more used to seeing that many conceded.
Two seasons in particular, 2011/12 and 2009/10 were particularly galling for fans who have by and large stood by the club come rain, shine and a horrible day trip to Corby Town (one day we’ll talk about that).
Last night we made a quick video on facebook to enjoy the moment. I hope no one thinks it is gloating, it’s just a little celebration of how far the club and team has come. You become pretty grounded when you watch all 12 goals go in and it’s not a 6-5 thriller.
Incidentally that score was Cirencester Town 11 Bracknell Town 1.
Goals have not been hard to come by this season for Bracknell who sit in fifth place in the Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division thanks to the big win. The Robins are the joint third highest goalscorers this season with 36 and despite only keeping two clean sheets, boast the best defensive record in the league with only 15 conceded.
The biggest surprise last night was that top scorer Adam Cornell (18 goals) didn’t score!
And just in case anyone was getting ahead of themselves..
- Bracknell Town 0 – 7 AFC Hayes
- Bracknell Town 0 – 9 North Leigh
- AFC Totton 9 – 0 Bracknell Town
- AFC Hayes 7 – 1 Bracknell Town
- Bedfont Green 8 – 0 Bracknell Town
- Cirencester Town 11 – 1 Bracknell Town
- North Leigh 8 – 0 Bracknell Town
- Mangotsfield United 9 – 0 Bracknell Town
- Ardley United 7 – 1 Bracknell Town
- Bracknell Town 1 – 8 Flackwell Heath
- Oxford City Nomads 10 – 0 Bracknell Town
- Bracknell Town 1 – 9 Ardley United
Stay up to date with all things Bracknell Town FC on our dedicated Robins page here.
And in case you missed it, here’s the video: