Midweek cup action for Bracknell Town and Ascot United as both sides play their Perpetua Press Floodlit Cup Third Round ties on Tuesday night.
Playing for a tie against each other, Bracknell host Hellenic League Division 1 West leaders Hook Norton while United have mid-table Hellenic Premier side Brimscombe & Thrupp at Ascot Racecourse.
You can expect Bracknell to rest one or two players though manager Mark Tallentire confirmed to us that Chris Grace will return in goal after Karl Steinborn-Busse took the gloves at the weekend in the 4-1 league win over Oxford City Nomads.
Tallentire said: “We are going to be making a few changes tonight. Chris Grace will retain his place back in goal with numerous other changes, as we will be giving game time to players that need ninety minutes. It makes perfect sense as some of the lads will benefit from having a rest from playing twice a week.”
Ascot United’s player troubles are now well documented but Tuesday is some respite from league action for the Yellamen who are the holders of the Floodlit Cup, following their 4-0 defeat to Thame United on Saturday.
Should both sides win, it will set up an enticing quarter final derby between the two at Larges Lane.
Here’s the full quarter final draw as it stands:
- Bracknell Town OR Hook Norton vs Ascot United OR Brimscombe & Thrupp
- Fairford Town OR Henley Town vs Royal Wootton Bassett Town OR Lydney Town
- Kidlington Reserves OR Oxford City Nomads vs Bicester Town OR Highworth Town
- Thatcham Town OR Flackwell Heath vs Ardley United
In the Berks & Bucks County Intermediate Cup, Woodley United welcome FC Beaconsfield to Scours Lane with a place in the quarter finals at stake.
Please note we have been informed the Woodley game is off due to a waterlogged pitch.
Here’s the full draw for the County Cup quarters:
- Didcot Town Reserves vs Marlow United
- Wendover First vs Kintbury Rangers
- Risborough Rangers vs Penn & Tylers Green
- FC Beaconsfield OR Woodley United vs Great Horwood
All ties on Tuesday night kick-off at 7.45pm unless otherwise stated.
Main image: Bracknell Town and Ascot United tussle by Neil Graham.