As part of FootballinBracknell’s New Club Week we asked the Berks & Bucks County FA for their five top tips on setting up a new team.
Here’s what they said..
1. Contact us as early as possible with a team name – get in touch via the County websites contact page here.
2. Ensure that club members are appointed. It makes sense that the more people that get involved then the easier it is for the club to function. A secretary, chairman, treasurer and child welfare officer (if your team is a junior one) should be appointed. If it’s a larger clubs then a management committee can also be set up.
3. A club constitution and bank account should be set up – we can assist with rules.
4. Plan a budget. Football is becoming more and more expensive so it’s important you know what is coming in and what is going to go out. Keep records of these! Identify funding ideas.
5. Identify a league to play in and pitch to play on early on