The Atom men face a trip to relegated Henley Town while the Fizzers are on the road to new Division 1 East rivals Thame Rangers.
The draw was completed at the Hellenic League AGM yesterday with eighteen clubs receiving a BYE into the second round (last 32) where they will join the 14 first round winners.
The BYE’s have been given to the eighteen of the current twenty Premier Division teams with the two sides who finished in relegation places but were reprieved (Oxford City Nomads and Burnham) entering at the first round.
Here’s the draw for the first round:
- Ardley United vs Bicester Town
- Burnham vs Holyport
- Cheltenham Saracen’s vs Cirencester Town Reserves
- Clanfield vs North Leigh
- Didcot Town vs Abingdon Town
- Henley Town vs AFC Aldermaston
- Kidlington vs Carterton
- New College Swindon vs Bishop’s Cleeve
- Shortwood United vs Pewsey Vale
- Shrivenham vs Oxford City Nomads
- Thame Rangers vs Sandhurst Town
- Tytherington Rocks vs Easington Sports
- Virginia Water vs Milton United
- Wallingford Town vs Chinnor
The 2016/17 competition was won on penalties by Lydney Town after a 3-3 draw with Flackwell Heath.
The furthest an FiB club reached in the competition was Bracknell Town who lost in the quarter finals to Ardley United while Ascot United and Woodley United both went out in the third round.
Looking for a new club? Visit our FREE ad forums here for everything from men’s teams, women’s teams, junior football to walking football.
Main image: Ascot United lift the 2015/16 Floodlit Cup.