The draw for the first round of the 2017/18 Reading Senior Cup has been made with some familiar clubs missing from the list of entries.
The competition organisers have confirmed that holders Bracknell Town, last seasons runners up Binfield and Ascot United have all declined to enter the 17/18 tournament which has it’s show piece final at Reading’s Madejski Stadium.
Bracknell won last seasons final thanks to a 3-0 win over neighbours Binfield but that final won’t be repeated this time around.
Ties are planned with the clubs respective leagues to take place on Saturday 28th October (Unless otherwise stated)
Reading Senior Cup First Round
- Virginia Water vs Woodley United – Date TBC due to Virginia Water in the Surrey County Cup
- Wokingham & Emmbrook vs Henley Town (3pm)
- Thatcham Town vs Wantage Town (Tuesday 24th October – 7:45pm)
- Berks County vs Marlow United (2pm)
Clubs with byes in the first round are: Highmoor Ibis, Woodcote Stoke Row, Westwood United, Thames Valley Police.
We’ve also been sent the draws for the other cups run by the competition. They are:
- Hurst (TVPL Div 1) Vs Woodcote Stoke Row Res (TVPL Div 2) 14.00 KO
- Benson Lions Vs Hurst Res (TVPL Div 2) 14.00 KO
- Hurst A (TVPL Div 3) Vs Taplow A (TVPL Div 4) 14.00 KO
- Woodley United B (TVPL Div 4) Vs Wokingham & Emmbrook U18 14.00 KO
The below teams have byes to the 2nd round
- Mortimer Res
- Highmoor Ibis United
- Marlow United Res
- Woodley United Royals
- Berks County Res
- White Eagles
- Virgina Water Res
- Wokingham & Emmbrook Res
- South Reading
- Rotherfield Park United
- Westwood United Res
- Frilsham & Yattendon
- Taplow Res
- Highmoor Ibis Athletic
- Woodley United “A”
- Finchamstead Res
- Berks County Rovers
- Henley Res
- Maidenhead Town “A”
- White Eagles Res
For all the latest local football news make sure you follow @fibracknell on twitter!