The draw should – assuming it follows all the previous draws – be published at 1pm on Monday 8th January 2018 on the FA website, but you can ensure that we’ll have it published here on FiB as soon as it becomes available.
Update: The FA have announced the draw will be made live on Talksport 2 at 1pm.
Anything unique about the draw?
Nice of you to ask. As we understand it the fifth round will be a national draw meaning some potential long away days. The fourth round draw was split in to two regions – North and South to reduce travelling.
One note we did pick up from the fourth round draw was as follows: “The last 32 gain exemption to the 2018/19 Second Round unless they are “promoted” to the F.A. Trophy.”
That means that Windsor, Bracknell and Thatcham will all start in the second round next season regardless of their final position in step five – though it is highly likely either Bracknell or Thatcham will compete in the FA Trophy next season.
Who’s still in it?
The easiest way to show you the possible opponents is via the fourth round draw. The most northerly team is Newcastle Benfield while the most southerly is Newport Isle of Wight. Here it is:
- Newcastle Benfield v Coleshill Town
- Wisbech Town v Bromsgrove Sporting
- Cogenhoe United v Wolverhampton S.C.
- Marske United v Hinckley
- Northwich v Pontefract Collieries
- Stockton Town v West Auckland Town
- Desborough Town v Stourport Swifts
- Melksham Town v Crowborough Athletic
- Westfields v Hamble Club
- Blackfield & Langley v Bracknell Town
- Leighton Town v Norwich C.B.S.
- Newport (IoW) v Bradford Town
- Eastbourne Town v Windsor
- Horley Town v Chichester City
- Tring Athletic v Hullbridge Sports
- Thatcham Town v Biggleswade