The Reading Senior Cup is an old competition that has roots back to the 19th Century.
With a showpiece final at Reading FC’s Madejski Stadium on offer to two sides who can make it through, it remains an interesting competition for many of our local sides.
The competition is open to Step 5 clubs and lower, therefore Bracknell Town’s promotion to Step 4 means they won’t compete this season. Wantage Town are the current holders.
Of Football in Bracknell’s local sides it appears that Ascot United, Binfield and Windsor have decided not to enter this season.
The competition will kick off on Saturday 10th November when Reading City travel to Berks County to play in a second round tie.
Step 5 (4): Ardley United, Reading City, Virginia Water and Wantage Town
Step 6 (5): AFC Aldermaston, Holyport, Wallingford Town, Wokingham & Emmbrook and Woodley United
Step 7 (9): Berks County, Burghfield, Cookham Dean, Marlow United, Mortimer, Reading YMCA, Westwood United, Woodcote Stoke Row and Wrightchoice & Unity
First Round ties
- Westwood United v Holyport (Saturday 17th November)
- Woodley United v Ardley United (Monday 10th December)
Second Round ties
- Wallingford Town v Virginia Water (Saturday 15th December)
- Burghfield v Wokingham Embrook (Saturday 1st December)
- Woodcote v Reading YMCA (To be confirmed)
- AFC Aldermaston v Cookham Dean (Saturday 1st December)
- Wrightchoice & Unity v Westwood United/Holyport (To be confirmed)
- Berks County v Reading City (Saturday 10th November)
- Wantage Town v Woodley United/Ardley United (To be confirmed)
- Mortimer v Marlow United (To be confirmed)