I have a weird affinity for the Uhlsport Hellenic League Floodlit Cup. I can’t really explain it.
Of all the Hellenic League Cups that there are, the Floodlit Cup is my favourite. It’s possibly a bias based on the number of Berkshire sides who’ve won it in recent years including Binfield, Ascot United and Holyport.
It could also be the atmosphere of a midweek cup tie, albeit looking at attendances, with limited supporters watching on. I don’t know.
Last season’s final between Binfield and FA Vase winners Thatcham Town saw the underdog Moles defeat the Hellenic League champions at Stag Meadow and thus we’ve kept a beady eye on the 2018/19 edition.
Ascot, Binfield and Windsor are all Quarter Finalists but ahead of the draw for the last eight, here’s who’s in contention:
- Ascot United – beat Langley 5-0
- Binfield – beat Brimscombe & Thrupp 4-2 on penalties after a 3-3 draw in extra time
- Flackwell Heath – beat Wokingham & Emmbrook 3-2 after extra time
- Windsor – beat Lydney Town 3-1
Yet to play in the Third Round:
- Holyport vs Thame Rangers – scheduled for 19th February
- Didcot Town Development vs Malmesbury Victoria – scheduled for 12th February
- Brackley Town Saints vs Thornbury Town
- Wantage Town OR Almondsbury vs Ardley United
Its AWARDS season! We need your votes to bring home the best non league blog trophy from the Football Blogging Awards - find out how to vote here. Also, we need your nominations for our own Bracknell Football Awards - who deserves to be recognised this season? Send nominations here.