Non league and grassroots football may have been declared null and void this season, but it is the opinion of Football in Berkshire that games were played, volunteers volunteered and therefore our annual awards ceremony must go on.
As it stands, we don’t know if we will be able to host a physical awards ceremony, but Sky Sports News presenter Tom White is once again booked to hand out the gongs and all being well we’ll be going back to Binfield Football Club on the evening of Wednesday 17th June 2020.
Berkshire Football Awards supported by PlaySport.
We’ve got 15 categories this year including a new one focusing on the campaigns and content from players and clubs that are helping their communities through the Coronavirus pandemic.
A full list of all the awards explained is here. You can view our Hall of Fame – all the winners since we started the awards back in 2017.
Oh, I almost forgot. We’ve changed the awards to the Berkshire Football Awards, meaning anyone that lives in, or is affiliated with any club within the Berkshire county border is eligible to be nominated.
How to nominate? The story is the key..
Scroll down to the bottom of this article for the nomination form. Before you do that though, here’s what the judging panel are looking for when choosing the shortlist.
It’s all a bit X-Factor, but we’re looking to hear the stories behind your nomination, the ‘journey’ if you will. Tug at our heart strings, the detail is key in getting your nomination in to the hearts and minds of the judges (who will be announced at a later date) and helping them argue to get your nominee on the short list.
The sort of details we love to see include things like player awards, goals, clean sheets and any other significant contributions to the footballing community – obviously within the 2019/20 season.
Nominations are closed
Sorry, nominations for the 2020 awards are now closed.
Award Nomination Rules
- Nominations will close at 10pm on Sunday 14th June 2020
- Nominations must have an association with Berkshire, either through a club, competition or place of residence. For example, if you live in Basingstoke but volunteer at Thatcham Town, you would be eligible
- The awards night will be on Wednesday 17th June 2020
- You can nominate as many people as you like for each award
- Due to difficulties in obtaining permissions under child protection law we won’t consider any player under the age of 16 for nomination in any of the categories