It’s been a big year for developments at Ascot United as the club unveiled its brand new artificial surface and venue improvements in October 2019.
Speaking on the Berkshire Football Stories podcast at the time, the club’s Director of Football Neil Richards explained that working with the Crown Estate and Ascot Racecourse had enabled the project to go ahead.
The maiden first team game on the pitch saw a bumper crowd at the Racecourse for the fixture against Guildford City which ended in a 3-0 defeat – at the time only the clubs second of the season.
Berkshire Football Awards supported by PlaySport.
Since then, the Yellamen under Jamie Tompkins settled in to their new home and were top of the Cherry Red Records Combined Counties League when the 2019/20 season was abandoned.
Now, the ground redevelopment that included a new stepped standing area outside the club house, has been nominated for a Berkshire Football Award supported by PlaySport in the category of Most Improved Ground.
The nomination reads: “The ground has been transformed, with not only a new pitch but excellent ground improvements including new terraces and viewing areas. We have also updated our audiovisual capability inside and out- including a brand new digital media screen.”
Want to vote for Ascot United’s Racecourse Ground as Most Improved or nominated another clubs ground – or in fact anything else. Fill out the form below.
Nominations are open
Fill out the form below to make your nominations for the Berkshire Football Awards. Can’t see the form? Open it in a new window here.
Award Nomination Rules
- Nominations will close at 5pm on Monday 1st June 2020
- Nominations must have an association with Berkshire, either through a club, competition or place of residence. For example, if you live in Basingstoke but volunteer at Thatcham Town, you would be eligible
- The awards night is due to be hosted on Wednesday 17th June 2020 at Binfield Football Club – tickets will be available to all shortlisted nominees should they wish to attend
- You can nominate as many people as you like for each award
- Due to difficulties in obtaining permissions under child protection law we won’t consider any player under the age of 16 for nomination in any of the categories
Support Football in Berkshire: Advertising your business on FiB is costs just £100 for a whole year. It’s a great way to get in front of on average 20,000 readers a month. By advertising with us, you help keep our website going and ensure that we can keep putting the time in to support and publicise the game we all love. Find out more here.
Don’t run a business? You can still support Football in Berkshire’s future by make a small contribution through the Ko-Fi button below: