Thames Valley Premier League Division One side Reading YMCA have been on a rebuilding program over the last few seasons with one man, Brian Baggaley, making a mark for the club on social media amongst several other roles at the club.
YMCA, five time winners of the TVPL top tier, including three in a row between 2015 and 2018, but were forced to resign their senior team from the competition last season – thought the clubs ‘Rapids’ side did complete the season.
Berkshire Football Awards supported by PlaySport.
According to the nomination for the Berkshire Football Awards – Volunteer of the Season we received: “Brian joined up to YM in Feb 2019 initially just to take a team picture for us to use on our social media. Brian fell in love with the club and was turning up every week to take match photos as his passion is photography. Brian then joined our committee and helped take over the social media channels creating some of the best local imagery with his graphics leading to a huge increase in engagement. He then brought his wife on board to be club treasurer and they both help run our match day bar for all home games. Brian was instrumental in organising our quiz night which raised £2000 to help towards the club. Brian is so passionate about football and has become the heartbeat of our committee and created a platform for the club to rebuild. He has no playing history or links to YM so his commitment and passion has given everyone involved the drive to match his!
Does Brian deserve the Volunteer of the Season award? Do you have someone else in mind. Let us know in the form below.
Nominations are open
Fill out the form below to make your nominations for the Berkshire Football Awards. Can’t see the form? Open it in a new window here.
Award Nomination Rules
- Nominations will close at 5pm on Monday 1st June 2020
- Nominations must have an association with Berkshire, either through a club, competition or place of residence. For example, if you live in Basingstoke but volunteer at Thatcham Town, you would be eligible
- The awards night is due to be hosted on Wednesday 17th June 2020 at Binfield Football Club – tickets will be available to all shortlisted nominees should they wish to attend
- You can nominate as many people as you like for each award
- Due to difficulties in obtaining permissions under child protection law we won’t consider any player under the age of 16 for nomination in any of the categories
Support Football in Berkshire: Advertising your business on FiB is costs just £100 for a whole year. It’s a great way to get in front of on average 20,000 readers a month. By advertising with us, you help keep our website going and ensure that we can keep putting the time in to support and publicise the game we all love. Find out more here.
Don’t run a business? You can still support Football in Berkshire’s future by make a small contribution through the Ko-Fi button below: