Thames Valley Premier League Division One side Reading YMCA have been on a rebuilding program over the last few seasons with one man, Brian Baggaley, making a mark for the club on social media amongst several other roles at the club.
YMCA, five time winners of the TVPL top tier, including three in a row between 2015 and 2018, but were forced to resign their senior team from the competition last season – thought the clubs ‘Rapids’ side did complete the season.
Berkshire Football Awards supported by PlaySport.
According to the nomination for the Berkshire Football Awards – Volunteer of the Season we received: “Brian joined up to YM in Feb 2019 initially just to take a team picture for us to use on our social media. Brian fell in love with the club and was turning up every week to take match photos as his passion is photography. Brian then joined our committee and helped take over the social media channels creating some of the best local imagery with his graphics leading to a huge increase in engagement. He then brought his wife on board to be club treasurer and they both help run our match day bar for all home games. Brian was instrumental in organising our quiz night which raised £2000 to help towards the club. Brian is so passionate about football and has become the heartbeat of our committee and created a platform for the club to rebuild. He has no playing history or links to YM so his commitment and passion has given everyone involved the drive to match his!
Does Brian deserve the Volunteer of the Season award? Do you have someone else in mind. Let us know in the form below.
Nominations are closed
Sorry, nominations for the 2020 awards are now closed.
Award Nomination Rules
- Nominations will close at 10pm on Sunday 14th June 2020
- Nominations must have an association with Berkshire, either through a club, competition or place of residence. For example, if you live in Basingstoke but volunteer at Thatcham Town, you would be eligible
- The awards night will be on Wednesday 17th June 2020
- You can nominate as many people as you like for each award
- Due to difficulties in obtaining permissions under child protection law we won’t consider any player under the age of 16 for nomination in any of the categories