The Berkshire Football Awards celebrate the great and the good involved in non league, women’s and grassroots football across the Royal County and nominations are now open for the Referee of the Season Award.
An important part of the game we love, the man or woman in the middle ensures our games are on and played week in week out, whether we agree with all the decisions made or not.
Now it’s time to recognise the best in the county by nominating them for a Berkshire Football Award supported by PlaySport.
Berkshire Football Awards supported by PlaySport.
The current holder of the Referee’s award is James Knight, a Bracknell Town & District Sunday League referee who has been spotted running the line at step 7 in the Thames Valley Premier League this season. Other winners include George Maxwell and Ollie Kaya. Nominations close at 10pm on Sunday 14th June.
Nominations are closed
Sorry, nominations for the 2020 awards are now closed.
Award Nomination Rules
- Nominations will close at 10pm on Sunday 14th June 2020
- Nominations must have an association with Berkshire, either through a club, competition or place of residence. For example, if you live in Basingstoke but volunteer at Thatcham Town, you would be eligible
- The awards night will be on Wednesday 17th June 2020
- You can nominate as many people as you like for each award
- Due to difficulties in obtaining permissions under child protection law we won’t consider any player under the age of 16 for nomination in any of the categories