It looks set to be a staggered start for the 2020/21 English Non League football season after the Vanarama National League confirmed its competition would begin until October 2020.
Subject to the approval of paying spectators at grounds by the Department of Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), the dates are:
- Premier League: Saturday 12th
- EFL: Weekend of Saturday 12th September
- FA WSL and Championship: Weekend of Saturday 5th September
- National League: Saturday 3rd October
- Steps 3 to 6: Saturday 19th September
- Steps 5 to 6: From Saturday 5th September
Clubs at steps 3 to 6 could find themselves playing FA Cup matches prior to these dates with the Extra Preliminary Round scheduled for Tuesday 1st September, Preliminary Round on Saturday 12th September and First Qualifying Round on Tuesday 22nd September.