The Hellenic League Chairmans Cup competition begins on Saturday 26th March and there are a few Berkshire clubs who will be hoping to make an impact in a competition that straddles many different counties from as far afield as the Welsh borders.
There are five Berkshire based clubs in the competition and four of them face off against each other in the first round.
Newbury of the Hellenic League Division Two South take on Taplow United of the Hellenic League Division Two East. Despite playing in different divisions this season they will be familiar with one another having crossed horns in the Thames Valley Premier division.
The other all Berkshire tie takes place in west Berkshire as Eversley & California Reserves travel to Kintbury Rangers. Hungerford Swifts of the Hellenic League Division Two South travel to Marlborough where they will face Marlborough Town Development.
Full draw for the Hellenic League Chairmans Cup
- Buckingham Athletic Dev v Old Bradwell United
- Carterton v Bourton Rovers
- Cheltenham Saracens Res v Newent Town Res
- Chinnor v Thame A
- Clanfield Dev v Long Crendon Res
- Easington Sports Res v Banbury United
- Faringdon Town v Woodstock Town
- Headington Amateurs v Wantage Town
- Highworth Town Res v Shrivenham Dev
- Kidlington Dev v Heyford Athletic
- Kington Town v Malvern Town Dev
- Kintbury Rangers v Eversley & California Reserves
- Marlborough Town Dev v Hungerford Swifts
- New Dales Vale v Evesham United Dev
- Penn & Tylers Green Dev v Holmer Green Dev
- SC Inkberrow v Adderbury Park
- Swindon Supermarine Dev v Slimbridge Res
- Taplow United v Newbury
- Tuffley Rovers Dev v Longlevens Dev
Clubs that win their ties enter the Chairman’s Cup, while clubs that lose their ties will enter a Supplementary Cup competition. Should our Berkshire clubs make it through a few rounds they could face some very interesting journeys with Herefordshire based clubs Kington Town and Worcestershire based New Dales Vale among the clubs in the competition.