Both Bracknell Town and Binfield emerged unscathed from the weekends opening FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round encounters.
Bracknell led in their 2pm kick off after just 20 seconds when an unsuspecting Cowes Sports defender turned in Seb Bowerman’s cross before Joe Grant setup Robins debutant Liam Ferdinand in the second to make it 2-0.
Bowerman had a hand in Bracknell’s third and final goal, crossing for centre-back Joe Gater to send the Robins in to the Preliminary Round with a 3-0 win.
For Binfield, it was a slightly nervier encounter with the Moles eventually running out 4-3 winners at home to Chichester City.
It started badly for Roger Herridge’s side with City taking the lead but Sean Moore soon levelled things up and Brad Pagliaroli put the Moles in front just before half time.
Chichester levelled things up following the break but Danny Langford made it 3-2 and James Knight looked to have put the game beyond doubt with Binfield’s fourth.
There were to be a nervy final few minutes though as the visitors pulled one back, but couldn’t find a way to take the game to a replay.
Danny Horscroft was on target to score Woodley United’s first ever FA Cup goal but it was disappointment in the end for the Kestrels who lost 2-1 at home to Tuffley Rovers.
Ascot United trounced Ringwood Town just outside the New Forest, beating their opponents 6-0 with two early penalties from Rob Lazarczuk setting the Yellamen’s stall out for the afternoon.
Lazarzcuk bagged his hat-trick on the 90 minute mark but there were also goals for Josh Dillon, Victor Abreu and Samir Regragui.
Windsor’s cup run is over though beaten 4-1 at home by Wembley while Highmoor-IBIS advanced courtesy of a 3-1 win at home to Buckingham Town on Sunday and Eversley & California’s first ever FA Cup match ended in a 4-0 defeat to Amesbury Town.
Full results for Hellenic League teams in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round:
- Highmoor Ibis 3 – 1 Buckingham Town (Sunday)
- Highworth Town 1 – 1 London Colney
- Binfield 4 – 3 Chichester City
- Bracknell Town 3 – 0 Cowes Sports
- Brimscombe & Thrupp 4 – 0 Sun Sports
- Chipping Sodbury Town 3 – 1 Brackley Town Saints
- Fairford Town 1 – 1 Longlevens
- Lydney Town 1 – 3 Wantage Town
- Ringwood Town 0 – 6 Ascot United
- Royal Wootton Bassett Town 1 – 2 Crawley Green
- Thatcham Town 5 – 0 Petersfield Town
- Windsor 1 – 4 Wembley FC
- Woodley United 1 – 2 Tuffley Rovers
- Ardley United 1 – 3 Baldock Town
- Flackwell Heath 5 – 0 Burnham (Friday)