Rory Knibbs struck twice in the second half as Ascot United got their first points of the Uhlsport Hellenic Premier Division season on the board following a 2-0 win at home to Burnham.
The Yellamen could and possibly should have had a penalty in the first half, the referee instead awarding a goal kick to the visitors – and while the Yellamen had to wait to make the breakthrough it was in the end a comfortable win for Neil Richards (pictured) side.
Worst decision I've ever seen 😂🙈 https://t.co/w4MkxImuEj
— Sam Boultwood (@s_boultwood19) August 15, 2017
Elsewhere, Woodley United’s fine defensive record of two clean sheets in two league games came to an end at Thatcham Town, Shane Cooper-Clark scoring twice along with Josh Helmore to ensure the Kingfishers remain unbeaten after three matches.
There were no games for Binfield or Bracknell with both sides in FA Cup action at the weekend.
Tuesday nights: Hellenic Premier Division results in full:
- Abingdon United 1 – 1 Brackley Town Saints
- Ascot United 2 – 0 Burnham
- Brimscombe & Thrupp 1 – 0 Wantage Town
- Lydney Town 1 – 1 Royal Wootton Bassett Town
- Thatcham Town 3 – 0 Woodley United
- Tuffley Rovers 0 – 4 Highworth Town
- Highmoor Ibis 2 – 3 Flackwell Heath (Monday)
For the latest league table, as well as fixtures for the next seven days visit our Hellenic Premier Division page here.