Woodley United captain Jake Nicholls struck in the first half as the Kestrels earned a point at the Hellenic Premier Division’s bottom side Burnham.
Michael Herbert’s side, fresh from a first ever step five win at the weekend over neighbours Binfield went in to the game high on confidence and that looked well earned when Nicholls gave the Berkshire club a 1-0 first half lead.
Nicholls was a first to react after Dan Horscrofts strike meaning the midfielder is the second Woodley player to score at step 5.
@FC_Burnham 1 @wufc_news 1 pic.twitter.com/Jif1WU2IUw
— Paul Smithson (@HumptyWFC2011) September 5, 2017
Woodley would have fancied their chances going in to the second half, Burnham were bottom of the league going in to the game but climbed above Fairford Town after a 52nd minute equaliser.
Here’s all the Premier Division midweek results so far:
- Binfield 3-1 Ascot United (Monday)
- Highmoor Ibis 2-2 Bracknell Town (Monday)
- Abingdon United 0-1 Flackwell Heath (Tuesday)
- Burnham 1-1 Woodley United (Tuesday)
- Fairford Town 1-2 Lydney Town (Tuesday)
- Oxford City Nomads 1-2 Thatcham Town (Tuesday)
- Royal Wootton Bassett Town 1-0 Brackley Town Saints (Tuesday)
Don’t miss any of the 2017/18 season, follow the @fibracknell twitter account!