Binfield saw their 100% Allied Counties Youth League Central Division record ended by neighbours Bracknell Town at Larges Lane on Tuesday night.
The Moles – who had won all six of their opening league games lost 1-0 to the Robins who closed the gap at the top of the table to five points although Bracknell have played a game more than the Moles.
Ellis Day (pictured) was the man who broke the deadlock on 75 minutes, capitalising on a wayward defensive pass to score his fifth goal of the season for the Robins under 18s.
Moles striker Eddie Lee had thought he’d put his side ahead 15 minutes in but his goal was ruled out for offside.
Bracknell’s reserve team manager Andy Findlay was at the game and commented: “Both sides have some future first team players. Binfield were the stronger team in the first half with chances to score but Bracknell better in the second and created some good opportunities.”
Coming up in the Division, the games come thick and fast with two fixtures for bottom side Sandhurst Town on Thursday and Monday. Here’s the full list of what’s coming up:
Forthcoming youth fixtures:
- Thurs 23rd Nov Hartley Wintney vs Sandhurst Town
- Thurs 23rd Nov Camberley Town vs Ascot United
- Thurs 23rd Nov Highmoor Ibis vs Thatcham Town
- Mon 27th Nov Sandhurst Town vs Highmoor Ibis
- Mon 27th Nov Thatcham Town vs Bracknell Town
Recent youth results:
- 21st Nov Bracknell Town 1 – 0 Binfield
- 16th Nov Ascot United 1 – 1 Bracknell Town
Main image: Ellis Day by Andy Findlay.