Dan Roberts hit a hat-trick as Bracknell Town under 23s advanced to the Third Round of the Mike Bidmead Suburban League Cup with a 6-3 win over Harefield United on Tuesday night.
Roberts scored after nine minutes but the two sides exchanged goals going in 3-3 at the break – Roberts scoring again and Harvey Griffiths grabbing the other.
The second half saw Josh Delander and Kane Fitzgerald net while Roberts rounded off his hat trick on 87 minutes.
The game marked a return to action for first team centre back Justin Clayton who played through 90 minutes.
The Robins have been drawn at home to Tooting & Mitcham United in third round with the tie due to be played at the end of January.
At the weekend Binfield’s home tie with Horley Town was postponed with the visitors unable to raise a side while Ascot United lost 5-0 at home to Westfield and Eversley & California were beaten 4-1 at Farnham Town – both in the Central Division.
Next Suburban League fixtures:
- Sat 2nd: Bracknell Town vs Abbey Rangers – Central Division
- Sat 2nd: Westfield vs Eversley & California – Central Division
- Mon 4th: Walton & Hersham vs Binfield Reserves – Premier Division
Latest Suburban League results:
- Bracknell Town 6 – 3 Harefield Utd (League Cup)
- Ascot Utd 0 – 5 Westfield – Central Division
- Farnham Town 4 – 1 Eversley & California – Central Division
Keep up to date with the Suburban Football League - the full live Premier Division table is available here and the Central Division 1 table is here along with recent results and forthcoming fixtures.
Main image: Dan Roberts by Neil Graham.