Bracknell Town extended their winning start to the season in the Bostik League South Central Division 1 with a 5-0 win at Ashford Town (Middlesex) but saw striker Adam Cornell substituted with a bad cut above his eye on 23 minutes.
The Robins were ahead 1-0 at the break through a Joe Grant strike while Gavin James doubled the lead on 50 minutes. Grant was at it again on 58 minutes with his second and completed a hat trick two minutes later. Liam Ferdinand then got in on the act with 20 minutes remaining.
In the FA Cup, Binfield’s run ended with a 3-0 defeat at home to Southern League Cirencester Town. The Moles were without suspended captain James Knight and centre back Jeff Brown while Sean Moore and Danny Horscroft were also unavailable.
Ascot United remain top of the Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division but suffered a 3-1 defeat at home to Brimscombe & Thrupp, Nathan Minhas hitting the back of the net for the Yellamen while Reading City got back to winning ways with a 3-0 victory at Lydney Town. Goals coming from John Dennis (2) and Mitchell Parker.
Rob Davies round up of the step 6 results will appear on Football in Bracknell, in due course. The latest midweek fixture list is here.
FA Cup Second Qualifying Round
- Binfield 0-3 Cirencester Town
- Hungerford Town A-A Wantage Town
- Billericay Town 4-1 Burnham
Bostik League South Central Division 1
- Ashford Town (Middlesex) 0-5 Bracknell Town
Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division
- Ardley United 1-1 Virginia Water
- Ascot United 1-3 Brimscombe & Thrupp
- Bishops Cleeve 1-0 Windsor
- Lydney Town 0-3 Reading City
Uhlsport Hellenic League Division 1 East
- AFC Aldermaston 1-1 Chalvey Sports
- Wallingford Town 1-0 Holyport
- Wokingham & Emmbrook 2-2 Didcot Town Development
- Woodley United 0-3 Penn & Tylers Green
Combined Counties League Division 1
- Sandhurst Town 1-3 Godalming Town
- Tooting Bec 4-1 Eversley & California
Its AWARDS season! We need your votes to bring home the best non league blog trophy from the Football Blogging Awards - find out how to vote here. Also, we need your nominations for our own Bracknell Football Awards - who deserves to be recognised this season? Send nominations here.
Main image: Joe Grant by Neil Graham.