Binfield won at Lydney Town in the Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division on Saturday despite a long delay for the Moles on the M4 that saw the match eventually kick off at 4.15pm.
Ian Davies got back in the scoring groove and Josh Howell scored from the penalty spot as the Moles got back to winning ways while Reading City, themselves held up on the way to Royal Wootton Bassett Town, were beaten 3-1.
In the FA Trophy Bracknell Town were made to sweat a little as Haywards Heath Town battled back from 3-0 down but couldn’t level things up with the Robins going through with a 3-2 win. Adam Cornell scored twice and Liam Ferdinand got Bracknell’s goals. Here’s who Bracknell will play in the next round.
In the FA Vase First Round Eversley & California went out to a narrow 1-0 defeat to Horndean but there was better news for Holyport who will do it all again with Devon site Ivybridge Town at Summerleaze following a 0-0 draw.
Rob Davies will be here with the FULL step 6 round up later in the week.
FA Trophy Preliminary Round
- Haywards Heath Town 3-2 Bracknell Town
FA Vase First Round Proper
- Eversley & California 0-1 Horndean
- Ivybridge Town 0-0 Holyport
Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division
- Lydney Town 0-2 Binfield
- Royal Wootton Bassett Town 3-1 Reading City
Uhlsport Hellenic League Division One East
- Wallingford Town 5-2 Penn & Tylers Green
- Wokingham & Emmbrook 3-2 Milton United
Bluefin Sport Hellenic League Challenge Cup
- Woodley United 4-1 Cirencester Town Development
Combined Counties League Division One
- Chessington & Hook United 2-3 Sandhurst Town