The FA Vase trophy will not be returning to Berkshire this season after Windsor – the Uhlsport Hellenic League’s final representative in the competition crashed out in the Fifth Round at Biggleswade.
Mick Woodham’s side were in the fifth round for the second season in succession but found Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division promotion chasers Biggleswade one hurdle to many in a 6-1 defeat.
All the goals came in the second half with the home side 6-0 up before Matt Stockill dispatched a 90th minute penalty for Windsor.
The defeat means that the trophy’s stay in Berkshire will be just a season after Thatcham Town lifted it in 2018 with a 1-0 win over Stockton Town at Wembley Stadium. Windsor, along with Bracknell Town were Quarter Finalists last season.
Watch highlights from Sunday’s fixture:
⚽️⚽️6-1⚽️⚽️— The Cold End (@thecoldend) February 3, 2019
What a brilliant performance by @BiggleswadeFc1 v @windsorfc today in the @AllFAVase. Some fanastic #goals here. They move into the Quarter-Final – just 2 rounds from Wembley. @BedsFA @Ollie_Bayliss @BiggyChronicle @DaveNorthfield @SpartanSMFL pic.twitter.com/wOqF1L9I6P
FA Vase Fifth Round results
- Biggleswade FC 6 – 1 Windsor FC
- Irlam FC P – P Chertsey Town FC
- Cray Valley (PM) FC 3 – 1 Abbey Rangers FC
- Histon FC 1 – 3 Northwich Victoria FC (AET 1 – 1 at the end of normal time)
- Sholing FC 3 – 1 Sporting Khalsa FC
- Hebburn Town FC P – P West Auckland Town FC
- Willand Rovers FC 3 – 2 Deeping Rangers FC
- Canterbury City FC 2 – 1 Leicester Nirvana FC
The Quarter Final draw will take place on Monday afternoon, live on TalkSport radio.
Read next: All the midweek fixtures in Berkshire
Read Mick Woodham’s reaction to defeat here on the Windsor Observer site.
Main image: Matt Stockill by Neil Graham.