Bracknell Town made rather easier work of Waltham Abbey than the reverse fixture on Saturday in the Bostik League South Central.
A 77th minute Ferdinand goal was all that separated the two sides on the opening day of the season but this time it was a 5-1 win at Capershotts for the Robins with Ferdinand taking his seasons total to 25 goals.
Bracknell were 2-0 up at half time through Ferdinand and Adam Cornell while Billy Holland pulled one back for the home side on 55 minutes. Kensley Maloney restored parity on the hour and Ferdinand completed his hat trick on 72 and 86 minutes.
In the Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division, Ascot United were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Tuffley Rovers with Chris Ellis scoring his first goal for the club.
The Yellamen had Elliott Carey sent off for a second bookable offence while Sam Gray deputised for Lee Allen in goal, it later emerged the latter had left the club.
Binfield played Brimscombe & Thrupp for the second time time in less than a week but this time were beaten 2-0 at Hill Farm Lane. The Moles had won a penalty shoot out on Tuesday in Gloucestershire in the Floodlit Cup.
Reading City’s home tie with Flackwell Heath while a Jamie Read goal earned a point in a 1-1 draw at home to Bishop’s Cleeve.
In Division One East, Wokingham & Emmbrook won 2-1 at home to Holyport with Josh Harris and Connor Holland on the scoresheet for the Sumas (we’ll update when we understand the outcome of the first goal!) after Steven Deverall had given the Port a 1-0 lead.
Wallingford Town were 3-0 winners at home to Woodley United while AFC Aldermaston won 2-0 at Milton United thanks to goals from Thomas Browne and Devontae Romeo.
There will be no Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy Final for Sandhurst Town who were beaten 2-0 at home by Old Bradwell United having missed a penalty at 1-0. The other semi final between Marlow United and Newbury finished 2-0.
And in the Combined Counties League, Eversley & California were beaten 2-1 by Godalming Town, Jack Kittlesen on target for the Boars.
Want to know what fixtures are coming up this midweek? They’re all here
Vanarama National League Premier
- Maidenhead United 1-0 Boreham Wood
Vanarama National League South
- Hampton & Richmond Borough 1-1 Slough Town
- Hungerford Town 5-0 St Albans City
Bostik League South Central Division One
- Waltham Abbey 1-5 Bracknell Town
Evo Stik Southern League Division One South
- Thatcham Town 4-2 Evesham United
Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division
- Ascot United 1-1 Tuffley Rovers
- Binfield 0-2 Brimscombe & Thrupp
- Reading City P-P Flackwell Heath
- Virginia Water 1-1 Bishops Cleeve
Uhlsport Hellenic League Division One
- Chalvey Sports 3-2 Chinnor
- Milton United 0-2 AFC Aldermaston
- Wallingford Town 3-0 Woodley United
- Wokingham & Emmbrook 2-1 Holyport
Combined Counties League Division One
- Godalming Town 2-1 Eversley & California
Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy Semi Finals
- Sandhurst Town 0-2 Old Bradwell United
- Marlow United 2-0 Newbury FC
Thames Valley Premier League
- Cookham Dean – Woodley United Royals
Berkshire Trophy Centre Senior Cup
- Berks County FC P-P Richings Park
- Finchampstead 0-0 Mortimer (Finch won on Pens)