The line-up for this season’s Advantage Printroom Senior Cup semi finals were settled on Sunday morning. Panthers and Sandhurst served up a 10-goal feast with Sandhurst winning their quarter final tie 6-4.
A single goal (a “30-yard worldy” as described on Berks County’s Twitter feed) settled the tie between Morale Madrid and Berks County, Morale winning that one 1-0. Penalties were required to settle the other tie between Loveman United and Finchampstead Athletic. After the game finished 2-2 at 90 minutes (Loveman’s goals coming from Ryan Millward and Ben Poynter), Jack Gale was the hero between the sticks for Loveman helping his team to a 7-6 shoot-out victory.
The semi-final ties have been drawn as follows, both ties to be played at Finchampstead Memorial Ground):
- Morale Madrid v FC Fernhill (Sunday 1st March)
- Sandhurst FFC v. Loveman United (Sunday 15th March)
Crowthorne FC A and Silver Birch both progressed to the quarter finals of the League Junior Cup. Crowthorne needed penalties (4-0) to dispatch a Bracknell Saint Germain after that one finished 0-0 after 90 minutes. In the other tie Silver Birch of Division 3 eased past Division 2’s basement side Panthers Reserves by 7-0.
FC Fernhill missed the opportunity of a semi-final berth in the Berks & Bucks Sunday Intermediate Cup, losing out in their quarter final tie at home to favourites FC Bentons 2-5.
The days top of the table clash in the Premier Division finished Bracknell Rangers 4 Crowthorne Inn 2. Rangers goal scorers were George Lock, Ryan Martin, Shaun Wylie and Bradley. Crowthorne stay top by 4 points from Bracknell Rangers in 2nd, though Rangers have played a game less. The gap between 2nd and 3rd placed team FC Fernhill is now 8 points. Fernhill have two games in hand.
In Division 1 the Woodley derby between Saints and United once again finished all-square at 2-2. Elsewhere, Athletico Ascot stay second after beating Bracknell Athletic 3-2 whilst Wokingham & Emmbrook TMW stay 3rd following their 4-2 home win against Crowthorne. Woodley Saints top the division one point clear of Ascot and 4 points clear of Wokingham & Emmbrook, all have played 10 times.
The top 3 in Division 2 all won and remain unbeaten. Top team Winnersh Rangers defeated Golden Farmer Rangers 2-0, Bearwood Wanderers in 2nd beat Braybrooke Athletic 3-0 whilst William Twigg in 3rd eased past Newbold by 3-0. A mere 3 points separates the top 3 though Twigg have a number of games in hand.
The two games played in Division 3 saw Bracknell Spartans (5th) beat bottom team 3M by 5-1 whilst the mid-table clash between FC Harmanswater and Hope & Anchor resulted in a win for Harmanswater by 4-2.
The race for the Division 4 title heated up today as four out of the top five won. Harts of Bracknell stay top following their 9-0 drubbing of bottom team Bracknell Titans. Elsewhere, 2nd placed Bracknell Cavaliers Reserves beat Silver Birch A 6-0, 4th placed Bracknell Royals eased past 3rd placed Finchampstead Athletic A 5-0, all goals scored in the second half of that game and FC Showcase (5th) beat Bracknell Athletic U21’s 8-0.
Coming up next week
- The leagues sole survivor in County competition sees Woodley Saints bid for a place in the semi-final of the Junior Cup with a quarter final away tie against Datchet Village Reserves
- The Premier Divisions top two of Crowthorne Inn and Bracknell Rangers are both away (to Berks County and Morale Madrid respectively)
- Top billing in Division 1 sees Sandhurst FFC (7th) play Wokingham & Emmbrook TMW (3rd)
- Its top v. bottom in Division 2 as leaders Winnersh Rangers travel to play Panthers Reserves, looking for their first points of the season
- The top two in Division 2 go head to head but in a re-arranged League Junior Cup quarter final tie. Both Ashridge Park (3rd) and Silver Birch (4th) will look to close-up on the leaders as they take on Hope & Anchor and 3M respectively
- Top of the bill in Division 4 sees leaders Harts of Bracknell host 3rd placed Finchampstead Athletic A
For all the latest from Football in Berkshire’s Bracknell Sunday League coverage make sure you us on twitter @bracknellsunday and join the BT&DSL facebook page here. You can also head over to our dedicated section on the website here.