Woodley Saints, the League’s last remaining representatives in this seasons County Cup competitions, bowed out to Datchet Village Reserves going down 4-5 on penalties after the tie had finished 1-1.
There were some significant results at the top of the Premier Division this morning. Leaders Crowthorne Inn lost the chance to stretch further clear going down 2-3 to Morale Madrid (goals by Lewis Burns, Brian Murphy and Dan Slinger securing the win for Morale) whilst 2nd placed Bracknell Rangers missed the chance to close to within a point of Inn, as they were held 2-2 by bottom side Loveman United. Goal scorers for Rangers were Luke Hanley and George Lock whilst Sam Holloway and Dan Ruffle replied for Loveman.
FC Fernhill profited from slip up’s by the top two by defeating Berks County 2-1 and close to within 6 points of the leaders with 2 games in hand. That win for the reigning Champions will undoubtedly spur a challenge for the title following their recent blip. The days other fixture in the Division resulted in a 4-2 win for Raglan over Panthers.
Fixtures and Results sponsored by Wills & Lewis.
Athletico Ascot lost the chance to regain top spot in Division 1 following their 1-3 defeat to Finchampstead Athletic. Sandhurst FFC defeated Bracknell Athletic 6-2 heaping further misery on Athletic who remain without a point this season. Elsewhere Athletico Forest beat Woodley United 1-0. Woodley Saints stay top by one point from Ascot and 4 points clear of Wokingham & Emmbrook TMW in 3rd.
Division 2 leaders Bearwood Wanderers defeated Ashridge Park Royals 2-0. Amongst cries of “UTT” on Twitter, William Twigg remain unbeaten following their 2-0 win against Winnersh Rangers. The win moves Twigg ominously into 2nd position ahead of Winnersh Rangers. At the foot of the table Golden Farmer Rangers are still looking for their first win of the season after going down 3-0 to Bracknell Cavaliers.
AFC Dukes stay top of Division 3, and unbeaten, with a 4-0 win against Bracknell Saint Germain. Winnersh Town remain in contention in 2nd position with a 3-2 win at home to 3M. Ashridge Park in 3rd lost ground on the leading 2, held 3-3 by Crowthorne A. Conor Haynes bagged himself a hat-trick for Park in that one!
Bracknell Cavaliers Reserves won Division 4’s huge top of the table clash with Harts of Bracknell by 4-1 to move themselves to within a point of Harts. Bracknell Royals continued their charge for the top with a 3-1 win against Finchamstead Athletic A, courtesy of goals by Simon May (2) and Brandon Vaessen. That win for Royals, in 3rd, moves themselves to within 4 points of Harts with 2 games in hand. FC Showcase (4th) remain in contention following their resounding 9-0 win away to Bracknell Titans.
Coming up next week
- The line-up for this seasons League Junior Cup semi-finals will be completed as Silver Birch (Div 3) take on an in-form William Twigg (Div 2) whilst in the other quarter final tie Bracknell Saint Germain take on Braybrooke Athletic
- In the Aldershot Cup, Bracknell Rangers play holders Lightwater for a place in the final
- In the Premier Division FC Fernhill, looking to close further on the top, play bottom side Loveman United
- Top fixture in Division 1 sees leaders Woodley Saints play Crowthorne (6th) whilst Sandhurst FFC (5th) will look to continue their own progress towards the top – they play Athletico Forest
- Bearwood Wanderers, top of Division 2, face a tough challenge from Newbold (5th)
- Can AFC Dukes stretch their unbeaten run in Division 3 to 9 wins with a win against Ashridge Park?
- All eyes will be on the top Division 4 fixture as Bracknell Cavaliers Reserves (2nd) take on FC Showcase (4th)
For all the latest from Football in Berkshire’s Bracknell Sunday League coverage make sure you us on twitter @bracknellsunday and join the BT&DSL facebook page here. You can also head over to our dedicated section on the website here.