Hungerford Town fall to defeat against Dartford in National League South


Share on whatsapp
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email



In a clash between two sides at the peak of the table, it was always going to be a tight encounter as Hungerford Town welcomed Dartford to Bulpit Lane.

The first chance of the game fell the hosts’ way with only three minutes on the clock after Harrison Bayley drilled a low shot just wide of the post.

Soon after, Jack Jebb unleashed a free-kick for Dartford following a foul on Jack Barham, but his effort flew over.

With 12 minutes on the clock, the Crusaders came close again after Ryan Seager bent an effort just wide from outside the area.

Hungerford’s number nine was in the thick of it again on the half-hour mark, winning a penalty after a collision in the box. Seager stepped up and buried the opener past the Dartford ‘keeper.

Hungerford had the ball in the net again with five minutes of the first half remaining, but Curtis Angell’s header was flagged for offside.

Just past the hour mark and Dartford drew level after a free-kick eventually found substitute Jacob Berkeley-Agyepong who fired home from close range.

Jacob Berkeley-Agyepong strikes for Dartford. Photo: Darren Woolley /
Jacob Berkeley-Agyepong strikes for Dartford. Photo: Darren Woolley /

The visitors’ number 17 then completed his brace with 15 minutes remaining, striking a ball low into the bottom corner to turn the game on its head.

The result meant Hungerford missed out on the chance of ending the weekend level with top spot as they look ahead to welcoming Oxford City to Bulpit Lane on Tuesday.

Altrincham end Maidenhead United’s unbeaten run

Maidenhead United’s impressive run of seven games unbeaten came to an end this weekend at the hands of Altrincham, who clinched a 2-0 victory at the J Davidson Stadium.

In a game which endured a 15-minute stoppage after floodlight failure on the half hour mark, the Magpies went behind just after an hour’s play.

After the hosts were awarded a penalty, Josh Hancock stepped up and buried the opener past Josh Oluwayemi who came on for Taye Ashby-Hammond at half-time.

One became two with just over 10 minutes remaining after substitute Tom Peers netted from close range.

The result meant that the Magpies dropped down to sixth as attentions turn to Tuesday night’s meeting with Dover Athletic.

Related Topics
Football in Berkshire is a not for profit site run by volunteers. We feel though that sometimes people need rewarding for the hard work they put in and we wanted to let you know you can support our contributors individually if you so wish. Contributors to this article are as follows:
More Stories

More Stories

Our Supporters


Get the latest Berkshire football news to your inbox
Search Football in Berkshire