On Saturday the Berks and Bucks Charles Twelftrees Cup second round took place. The Charles Twelftrees Cup is a competition for Saturday sides who play outside the top six. From a Berkshire point of view this means teams that play in the Thames Valley Premier Division, Thames Valley Division One, Hellenic League Division Two and the East Berks League. They are joined with clubs from leagues across Buckinghamshire and surrounding areas.
Notable wins for our Berkshire clubs include penalty shootout wins for Reading YMCA, Taplow United and Pundit FC.
Thames Valley Premier Division leaders Finchampstead had a very good victory at Compton winning by five goals to one. They must feel like they have a very good chance of winning this competition if they can take their league form into cup competition.
The Thames Valley Premier sides didn’t have it all their own way however, as Maidenhead Town went down 3-1 in Slough against Singh Sabha Slough. You can watch extended highlights of the match below.
The next round of the cup will be played on Saturday 11th December, we await the draw from the Berks and Bucks FA and will publish it as soon as we know it.
Charles Twelftrees Cup results
- Aston Clinton 5 Hanslope 4
- Buckingham United 1 Bletchley Scot 1 (Buckingham United win 4-3 on penalties)
- Cholsey United 1 Reading YMCA 1 (Reading YMCA win 3-2 on penalties)
- Compton 1 Finchampstead 5
- Frontline 5 Harts of Bracknell 2
- Great Linford FC 4 Milton Keynes City 1
- Great Missenden 1 FC Beaconsfield 2
- Hazlemere A – W Letcombe
- Hype Train 4 Lambourn Sports
- Long Wittenham Athletic 3 Saxton Rovers 0
- Marlow United 0 Stony Stratford Town 1
- Marsh Gibbon 1 Taplow United 1 (Taplow United win 5-4 on penalties0
- Newbury 0 Kennington Athletic 8
- Old Bradwell United 2 Hale Lays United
- Prestwood 2 New Bradwell St Peter 7
- Pundit FC 0 Newport Pagnell Athletic 0 (Pundit FC win 3-2 on penalties)
- SB Phoenix 7 MK Wanderers Reserves 1
- Singha Sabha Slough 3 Maidenhead Town 1
- Slough Heating Laurencians 1 Mortimer 0
- Southcote Colts 2 Kintbury Rangers 3
- Stoke Mandeville FC 8 Haddenham United 1
- Twyford & Ruscombe 1 Datchet 1